“When you have too many alerts, people get into the mindset of ignoring them and then we have issues that turn into problems,” Eurick says. “With OpsRamp, the alerts my team receives are more meaningful and actionable.”
Zebra Technologies Delivers SaaS Excellence to Customers with OpsRamp
Zebra Technologies Corporation designs and manufactures enterprise mobile computers, barcode and RFID scanners and readers, printers and communications software. Zebra’s Solutions portfolio includes applications for retail asset tracking, loading operations visibility, and mobile communications. These solutions run on one of the leading public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure and Google), in a hybrid IT environment, or on-premises at the customer’s facility.
About Markley Group
- Deliver great customer experiences for its Solutions portfolio.
- Minimize alert chaos and support multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Create a unified platform for maintaining high reliability and performance of Zebra’s customer-facing applications.
- Save time and effort by reducing alert noise and surfacing only the most critical, actionable alerts;
- Avoid swivel-chair operations with a comprehensive platform for on-prem, multi-cloud and cloud-native monitoring.
The Need For Change
The Managed Service group’s legacy monitoring application lacked sufficient visibility into Zebra’s multi-cloud, container-based infrastructure which hosted their SaaS products. Furthermore, alert noise was a productivity drag on the team.
“We were getting bombarded with alerts, every 30 minutes, which were raised by default in our monitoring systems,” says Tommy Eurick, manager of service delivery operations at Zebra. Eurick was also looking for a better platform with multitenant support across different solution stacks, business units, and customers along with advanced capabilities for alert and event correlation.
Unified IT Operations with OpsRamp
In Spring 2019, Zebra Technologies’ Managed Services team implemented the OpsRamp digital operations management platform. Here are the ways OpsRamp is bringing value to Zebra’s Solutions operations:
- Relevant alerts only: OpsRamp’s AIOps capabilities filter and categorize alerts so that only the most relevant events surface, reducing the overload of duplicate, informational or seasonal alerts.“When you have too many alerts, people get into the mindset of ignoring them and then we have issues that turn into problems,” Eurick says. “With OpsRamp, the alerts my team receives are more meaningful and actionable.”
- Multitenant capabilities: OpsRamp enables tenant-level policy management and role-based access controls to accommodate specific customer requirements.
- Centralized hybrid infrastructure monitoring: OpsRamp’s out-of-the-box and API-level integrations with third-party monitoring tools ensure that Zebra Managed Services can view and analyze data from their three public cloud environments, containers, servers, the network and on-prem systems in one place.
“OpsRamp has been instrumental to our operations as we can now focus squarely on the most important customer-impacting issues and get those alerts to the right person faster, thereby maintaining excellent user experiences across our SaaS portfolio”.
Tommy Eurick , Manager of Service Delivery Operations at Zebra
Ramping up Productivity
Eurick says he is exploring more ways that OpsRamp can enhance the productivity of his team. “We have started to use the built-in knowledge articles in the product so that if we are looking at an alert, we can bring up the supporting document right there,” he says.