“OpsRamp ticked all the right areas for us to be our partner”.
Tietoevry brings multi-cloud AIOps to Nordics with OpsRamp
Vertical: IT Services
Tietoevry is a technology company that provides advisory, transformational, and managed services to the Nordic countries of Finland, Norway and Sweden. This includes application and infrastructure services, cloud and data center services, cybersecurity, data management, AI and analytics, digital experience management and software development. Tietoevry is a true multi-cloud platform provider with a full range of infrastructure choices at scale, enhancing the digital and data sovereignty of the Nordic societies. It provides customers with a resilient, secure and compliant platform – accessible from anywhere for their data and cloud-native journeys.
Tietoevry supports more than 1,500 customers across the Nordic countries with a team of more than 5,000 technology experts working from multiple delivery centers within the European Union and globally. The company is supporting cloud operations for more than 250 large enterprises in the Nordics.
With complex, multicloud environments to manage for its customers, Tietoevry needed to modernize its customers’ operations tooling, bringing enhanced observability, speed and agility to its operations teams while eliminating silos between the operations and support teams.
Tietoevry needed a modern IT operations management platform that could provide the customers with high observability of complex, multi-cloud environments, as well as event correlation and contextualization to remediate and resolve IT issues while reducing incidents caused by events/alerts. It found what it was looking for in OpsRamp’s Digital Operations Management platform.
- Operational siloes between support and operations teams reduced observability, increased alerts and delayed issue resolution
- Legacy monitoring tools couldn’t manage cloud environments
- No predictive insights from legacy tooling
- Modern monitoring solution ideal for hybrid environments and shared services
- Automation of routine IT tasks
- Single pane of glass view of critical workloads
- MTTD/MTTR reduced by more than 50%
- Alert noise reduced by more than 95%
- Routine ITOps tasks reduced by 50% through automation
Tietoevry faced common challenges faced by companies that need to modernize their IT operations systems and service delivery including:
- Operational Silos. Tietoevry’s customers were using different IT operations management tools resulting in different versions of the truth and operational challenges. This led to increased resolution times of detected issues and limited observability as the existing support teams found themselves drowning in alerts from multiple tools.
- Legacy Monitoring Tools. Aside from the operational silos, Tietoevry’s customers were using legacy tools that didn’t provide visibility into modern multi-cloud infrastructure environments and had no ability to account for the SaaS and PaaS dependencies that most customers rely on today.
- Lack of Actionable Insights. Tietoevry wanted to move from a traditional setup to a more predictive one. To achieve its goal, Tietoevry had to look beyond its current monitoring tools and processes which weren’t providing the end-to-end insights needed to launch remediation processes in response to detected issues before they became performance slow-downs and outages for customers’ business environments.
“We were looking for a modern monitoring solution, where I don’t want to create thousands of alerts going to the operations team, where they will [have to ensure] the right alerts are being actioned,” said Jeyaraman. “I want the platform to do that for me.”
Multi-cloud AIOps is a key focus for Tietoevry in the customers it serves. These customers have IT resources in multiple cloud environments and need to manage that complexity without compromising agility or flexibility. So Tietoevry needed an IT operations management vendor that could support that vision. It turned to the OpsRamp platform for the following capabilities:
- Modern Monitoring Solution: Tietoevry’s customer environments are ever-changing and complex with a mix of cloud, cloud-native and on-premises infrastructure to manage. OpsRamp’s multi-tier and multi-tenanted architecture was the perfect fit for managing these environments since it supports shared services delivery, scalability and agility in optimizing IT operations.
- Automation: OpsRamp offered built-in automation capabilities that allowed Tietoevry to streamline and automate routine, time-consuming, error-prone IT tasks.
- Integrations: OpsRamp supports numerous out-of-the-box integrations that allow for enhanced observability of different infrastructure environments. These include agentless and agent-based monitoring for deeper visibility and more control for remediation.
“I don’t have to spend a lot of development effort integrating various tools and solutions,” said Jeyaraman. “All these were readily available within OpsRamp.”
- Proactive Remediation: OpsRamp provides robust remediation capabilities for faster triaging, fixes and issue resolution.
- Single Pane of Glass View: OpsRamp provides a single pane of glass view of all critical resources and workloads in the customer landscape, eliminating the swivel chair effect of having to jump from tool to tool, and screen to screen. It allows several metrics to be aggregated together in the dashboard so that Tietoevry could quickly and easily view only those metrics that are relevant for a specific application or component.
“My favorite is the single pane of glass view,” said Jeyaraman. “I can see the entire customer IT landscape through the service map or the topology map that OpsRamp is providing. I could at any given point in time look at where exactly the services are and what kind of a performance issue we have and which component is the cause of the performance issue.”
“Tietoevry doesn’t have to spend a lot of development effort integrating various tools and solutions. All these were readily available within OpsRamp.”
Tietoevry has been using OpsRamp for more than a year, completing several customer implementations that have focused on IT modernization and automation. OpsRamp has helped Tietoevry to fulfill its multi-cloud AIOps vision by delivering enhanced observability, improved time to value and operational resilience. Tietoevry has been able to streamline and optimize its IT operations, becoming more proactive in dealing with IT events and moving closer to predictive IT. Benefits realized to date include:
- Faster Problem Detection and Resolution: Since deploying OpsRamp, Tietoevry has reduced MTTD and MTTR by more than 50% for some of its customers. This has allowed Tietoevry to improve service levels, availability of mission critical applications, and governance, uptime and reliability, which has in turn allowed it to deliver an enhanced customer experience.
“Using OpsRamp has materially improved MTTD and MTTR by focusing our operators’ attention on the potential sources of an incident leading to faster remediation and triaging,” said Jeyaraman.
- Reduced Alert Noise: OpsRamp has helped Tietoevry to eliminate false positives and break down operational silos to reduce alert noise by more than 95% in some cases. “It’s essential that IT teams evaluate AIOps platforms to manage an overwhelming volume of events through better correlation, enrichment, and recommended remediation,” said Jeyaraman. “This results in reducing cognitive burden on operators/IT teams and enables the team to focus on bringing in value to their customers instead of focusing on day-to-day operations and issues. “
- Improved Automation: Tietoevry has been able to identify and reduce the amount of repetitive IT operations tasks by 50% with the help of OpsRamp’s automation capabilities and other automation tools, allowing its customers to become both more productive and more strategic. “Now when we talk to the customer, we focus on what is the transformational journey and the transformational activities that we can focus on instead of discussing which [resource] went down, what is the reason,” said Jeyaraman.
“My favorite is the single pane of glass view. I can see the entire customer IT landscape through the service map or the topology map that OpsRamp is providing.