Carousel saves on operational costs through AIOps with OpsRamp
Vertical: Managed Services Provider
Headquartered in Exeter, Rhode Island, Carousel Industries (Carousel) is a recognized leader in helping organizations evolve the way they communicate and orchestrate the flow of information throughout their networks.
While the company is hugely successful with 6,000 clients and working with many of the global Fortune 500, the company faced operational challenges for scaling their Managed Services. Read how Carousel built an Enterprise Command Center and gained real-time incident management capabilities for legacy and modern workloads with OpsRamp.
About Carousel Industries
- Tools Overload. The company had separate management systems for Syslog monitoring, SNMP monitoring, patch management, network configuration backups, and UC performance monitoring.
- Manual Labor. There was no unified platform that could successfully automate workloads.
- Operational Silos. With greater complexity and hybrid IT, incident resolution required more time, effort, and more experienced staff.
- Manual Asset Discovery and Onboarding. The onboarding process would take weeks or months because of missing auto-discovery for devices, network connectivity, and application traffic.
- Enterprise Command Center. A new service delivery platform: OpsRamp for IT operations management and ServiceNow for IT service management.
- Tools Consolidation. Infrastructure monitoring manages the lifecycle of server computing resources while AIOps ingests, analyzes and processes events from different network monitoring tools.
- Organizational Efficiencies. Carousel lowered the cost of service delivery by embracing standard operating procedures using runbook automation for scalable and effective service delivery.
- Reduced headaches from alert storms. Carousel’s incident management team could determine root cause to triage incidents quicker with 95% reduction in alert noise from the AIOps inference engine.
- Savings on resources through tool consolidation and workforce optimization: By reducing toolsets and removing repetitive, routine tasks via automation, the Carousel team saw 20% reduction in labor and operational costs.
- Improved Net Promoter Score: With faster, more enhanced service delivery, Carousel enjoyed a 30% improvement in customer satisfaction.
200,000 raw events.
One digital operations platform to control the chaos.
Reduction in Noise
Increase in Customer Satisfaction
How OpsRamp Helped
Carousel was able to overhaul its operating model by adopting fresh thinking and bringing in a modern SaaS platform like OpsRamp.
Here are some of the key benefits of implementing OpsRamp at Carousel:
- Integrations Ecosystem OpsRamp has become the central hub in Carousel’s service delivery platform and its ability to integrate with tools like ServiceNow, Nectar, and Enterprise Password Vault have streamlined processes while consolidating an expansive toolset into a more cohesive system.
- Improved Visibility At the center of Carousel’s managed service delivery system, OpsRamp provides a holistic view of supported IT environments. Carousel now has a singular control point for stronger security, faster incident resolution with automated pattern recognition and detection, actionable alerting, and timely escalations.
- 95% Reduction in Noise OpsRamp’s service-centric AIOps correlates, suppresses and deduplicates events conditions. The event management engine has helped Carousel reduce alert storms from 200,000 raw events per month to a more manageable 10,000 incidents per month.
- 20% Cost Savings Through OpsRamp’s artificial intelligence engine, machine learning capabilities, and comprehensive data science techniques, Carousel is able to shift workloads left, automate manually intensive processes, and drastically reduce root cause diagnostic and incident troubleshooting times.
- 30% Increase in Customer Satisfaction The OpsRamp platform reduced error rates and enabled continuous service improvements. After rolling out the new service delivery platform, Carousel’s six-month rolling average Net Promoter Score (NPS) increased from 45% to 70%.